How do I create a listing?
- Create an account. If you don’t have one already, you’ll want to create an account at Rentler.com. Click the red ‘Sign Up’ button on the top right of the homepage and fill out the information.
- Go to the Landlord Dashboard. Once you log in, you’ll see two options: a tenant toolbox and a landlord dashboard. You’re going to want the landlord dashboard, so go ahead and click it.
- Select 'Listings' from the left-hand sidebar.
- Then click on 'Create a listing'. First, select the property you want to create a listing for or add a new property by selecting 'Create a listing' and then 'Add a new one'. If you're creating a new listing, first you need to select a property type. You can choose from:
- House – this refers to a detached residence owned by an individual. It typically means you are renting out the entire home to one set of renters.
- Basement/In-Law Apartments – An apartment located below street level, underneath another structure - usually a house. Includes a separate entrance and amenities. An in-law apartment can also refer to a detached rental structure on the same property.
- Apartment – this is a suite of rooms forming one residence, typically in a building containing a number of similar groups of rooms.
- Townhome – a building containing a number of individually owned residences, connected side-by-side.
- Condo/Multiplex – A housing structure that is either a.) part of a bigger unit or building, where the owner of the condo owns the interiors independently and the other services in the building jointly with other condo owners.
Or b.) a house divided into multiple apartments, with a separate entrance for each.
- Single Room – select this if you are renting a room with a shared kitchen and common areas within the same building structure.
- Sublease/ Student Contracts – this refers to the transfer of a lease from a current tenant to another person, but with the original tenant retaining some right or interest under the original lease. A student contract can be a sublease or a lease for housing that is approved by a higher education institution or rented to someone based on lease parameters that work with students.
Add the address information and click ‘Submit’.
5. Fill out listing details. You will be taken to a page where you will fill out the basic information for your listing, including the title you want to be displayed when people search for your listing, contact information, and a description.
6. Add amenities. On the next page, you’ll be asked to fill out information about the amenities your rental offers, including parking, washers/dryers, and air conditioning.
7. Fill out pricing details. These include:
- Monthly Rent: This is how much the tenant will pay each month.
- Date available: This is when your listing will first be available to move into.
- Deposit information: This is where you will include how much you are asking for a deposit and if it is refundable. You can also put the lease length here.
- Utilities: Tell potential tenants which utilities they will need to pay for, and which ones are included.
8. Add photos and videos. Add photos by dragging them into the photo box or selecting ‘Upload photos’. To add a video, you will be asked to provide a YouTube link to the videos you would like to feature. For help taking good pictures, see this photo guide.
9. Choose to accept online applications and screen tenants. You’ll have the option to request an online application through Rentler and do an automatic tenant screening while you are creating a listing.
10. Turn listing on. Toggle the button on the top of the screen to 'Yes'. Once you turn your listing on, it can be seen by anyone. Rentler offers one free listing, if you already have a listing live, you can click 'Upgrade Now' to add additional listings. You will also have the option to syndicate your listing to Realtor.com.
10. Add promotions. On the final screen of the listings set up, you can choose featured days for $15/day or add a ribbon to your listing to help it stand out for just $25. You can select either a standard ribbon with pre-filled text, or choose your own colors and message.
Click 'Save' or "Save & Checkout' if you are purchasing any promotional features. Your listing is now live!
Note: In your listings dashboard you will see your new listing, with the status next to it ‘Listed’ means it’s turned on and can be seen by everyone.’In progress’ means your listing has been started but not submitted, and ‘Unlisted’ means your listing has been created but is not currently turned on.